About Us: Mission Statement
Our parent organization, the National Latino Peace Officers Association, is the largest Latino law enforcement association in the United States. We are an advocacy group actively involved in almost every area of the judicial system, including the legislature.
The primary goal of the LPOANJ is to increase the representation of Hispanics at the state, county and local level of the criminal justice system. We also work hard towards enhancing the image and professionalism of law enforcement in general, and Hispanics in particular.
We pursue our mission by partaking in the following activities:
- Serve as positive role models for our youth and expose them to the many career opportunities in the criminal justice system.
- Provide scholarships to worthy students pursuing a career in the criminal justice system.
- Serve as liaison between the Hispanic community and local law enforcement.
- Promote fundraising in order to finance our scholarships, youth sports, senior and community-related programs and activities.
- Network with other community organizations, civic leaders, business leaders and individuals who share our vision, programs and objectives.
- Promote unity, professionalism and brotherhood among Hispanics in law enforcement.
Beyond these activities, our individual chapters extend their concern by reaching out to the communities in their respective areas to respond to their needs in various ways.
- Join us
- Become a member and join us in taking an active role in our community.
- Check us out
- View pictures from various activities and chapter-sponsored events.
- Your tax-deductible donations will help us achieve our objectives.
- Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on our news and activities.
- Get some great LPOANJ gear and show off your association.
- NLPOA web site
- Visit the national organization’s site.