All our pages conform to Level A compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and endorsed by the Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the majority of Level AA and AAA requirements are also met.
All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Strict, and use structured semantic markup.
Our CSS also validates.
All pages complies with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (amended by the Workforce Investment Act of 1998).
We have attempted to create a logical tab sequence throughout our pages to allow for easier navigation.
Structured, semantic markup
We have used structured, semantic markup on all our pages, using header tags, list items for navigation menus, address tags, etc.
Graphics, pictures and images
Where we have used graphics, pictures and images, we have included text descriptions (’Alt-Tags’), to comply with internationally recognised Web accessibility guidelines. All graphical navigation buttons are similarly ‘Alt-tagged’. Where graphical images are just for decoration they have NULL alt text (alt=””).
We have not used frames throughout this site.
The site is fully accessible if scripting is unavailable.
Where we have used Flash, we have also included a non-Flash alternative.
Where appropriate, links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail.
- Join us
- Become a member and join us in taking an active role in our community.
- Check us out
- View pictures from various activities and chapter-sponsored events.
- Your tax-deductible donations will help us achieve our objectives.
- Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on our news and activities.
- Get some great LPOANJ gear and show off your association.
- NLPOA web site
- Visit the national organization’s site.