Programs: ChildSafe ID Program
The ChildSafe ID Program, one of the LPOANJ’s child safety initiatives, has been successfully conducted in Camden, Passaic, Bergen, Hudson, Morris, Mercer and Union counties.
Parents are provided with a credit card-sized ID card for use in emergent circumstances. The card provides law enforcement with accurate and critical information that will help expedite efforts to locate a missing child.
The front of the ID has the child’s name, address and photo; it also has the parents’ emergency contact information. The back of the card includes the child’s left thumb print, height, weight, eye color, date of birth and other vital information that can be used to input the child’s information into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database. The card also lists chronic illnesses, allergies and any medications the child may be taking.
ChildSafe ID sessions are held throughout the year. Scheduled dates and locations will be announced on our home page. If you plan to attend a session, download our information form in advance to speed up the process once you arrive on-site. Complete this fillable form on your computer, print it out and then bring it with you to the session.
- Join us
- Become a member and join us in taking an active role in our community.
- Check us out
- View pictures from various activities and chapter-sponsored events.
- Your tax-deductible donations will help us achieve our objectives.
- Join our mailing list and stay up-to-date on our news and activities.
- Get some great LPOANJ gear and show off your association.
- NLPOA web site
- Visit the national organization’s site.